The company recently made a donation of $1 million to the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) for scholarships. The award is open to women who are currently enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited university with a major related to game design.
Activision Blizzard has announced the recipients of their 2022 Women in Games Scholarship. This scholarship is given to women who are pursuing a career in gaming and related fields. The company also released a video about the importance of women in games. Read more in detail here: activision blizzard and king.
The 2022 Women in Games Scholarship was launched last year by Activision, Blizzard, and King to encourage women who wish to pursue meaningful careers in the gaming industry. We’re thrilled to announce this year’s awardees after considering submissions from many deserving young leaders.
Concerning the Scholarship
This program allows awardees to attend the Game Developers Conference in 2022, where they will be able to share ideas with colleagues, expand their professional networks, and smooth the transition from student to working life. The scholarship offers applicants with special networking and development opportunities with our developers, as well as the technology needed to maximize their GDC week experience. All women and non-binary students earning a degree and exploring a career in the games business are eligible for the award.
Recipients in 2022
- Palestine’s Fatima Alkhatib
- Washington, D.C.’s Noor J. Amin
- Mason, OH’s Ally Guo
- Claire Krupela is from St. Louis, Missouri.
- Sope Lartey is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Thora Magnusdottir is a Reykjavik/Stockholm-based artist.
- Jeniffer Maldonado is from Miami, Florida.
- Rome, Italy — Giulia Marchiori Pietrosanti
- Guatemalan Andrea Portillo de Wong
- Beijing, China — Aili (Alice) Qiao
- Angouleme, France – Nadia Taallah
- Coppell, TX resident Karina Teruya
- Kacey Walsh is from Charlton, Massachusetts.
- Bayonne, NJ’s Qiao Zhang
- Joy Zhou is from Fremont, California.
Here’s where you can learn more about them.
The “Activision Blizzard’s 2022 Women in Games Scholarship Recipients” is a scholarship that was created by Activision Blizzard. The recipients of the scholarship will be announced on October 22, 2018. Reference: activision blizzard abk.
- blizzard scholarship
- gdc scholarship 2022
- abk women’s network
- abk games
- activision blizzard graduate program