Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a narrative director to help develop the world of World of Warcraft. The position will be an entry-level one that requires at least two years experience on small video game projects, and should include some understanding of large scale MMORPGs like WoW.
Blizzard Entertainment is hiring a narrative director for World of Warcraft. The company is looking for a librarian who will be responsible for the overall story and lore direction, as well as the writing of quests and dialogue. Read more in detail here: blizzard librarian.
The Narrative Director is in charge of managing the narrative design discipline and steering World of Warcraft’s continuing tale. The Story Director will work closely with various design groups, art, sound, and cinematics to build a captivating narrative experience, reporting to the WoW Creative Director. As a storyteller and a world-builder, this profession demands inspiring leadership. In order to create an immersive and dramatic narrative experience to WoW’s players all over the globe, this job requires combining a profound grasp of epic fantasy storytelling with a sharp awareness of the strengths and flaws of the MMORPG medium.
What you’ll do is:
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Game Director, Art Director, WoW design leadership, and Blizzard Story & Franchise Development to guide the narrative evolution of WoW’s world, cultures, and characters
- Mentor and manage a team of narrative designers, allowing them to assist one another creatively while keeping a consistent narrative voice throughout the project.
- Share the story’s vision with the whole development crew.
- Balance the planning and execution of multi-year arcs with the moment-to-moment narrative experience.
- Serve as a point of contact for partners working on a variety of external media, ensuring that they effectively support the WoW game’s storyline.
What you’ll require:
- Years of experience working in game narrative design positions
- At least one delivered AAA game with shown narrative leadership
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizing abilities
- Ability to monitor both short- and long-term narrative priorities at the same time
- Knowledge of the Warcraft franchise’s backstory as well as World of Warcraft material and gameplay.
- A wide understanding of modern media narratives and topics from throughout the world
- The ability to collect impassioned input from a variety of internal and external sources and integrate it into future story direction.
- Letter of Coverage
- Blizzard Entertainment is a multinational corporation dedicated to the development of its workers. We provide competitive benefits and work hard to maintain a good work-life balance. We promote a highly collaborative and creative atmosphere, as well as a varied and inclusive staff culture, as well as training and professional development opportunities. Our people are important to us, and we’re committed to delivering the most amazing entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
The “blizzard careers” is a job posting for the Narrative Director position at Blizzard Entertainment. The Narrative Director is responsible for creating, writing and editing all of the in-game content for World of Warcraft.
- blizzard writing jobs
- world of warcraft gm jobs
- blizzard departments
- blizzard game designer
- blizzard recruiter