This week, the focus was on new ways to make Gold with Retail and TBC World of Warcraft.
The “tbc classic news” is a weekly wrap-up of the most important tbc changes and news. This week, we cover everything from the new WoW expansion to gold-making suggestions for retail and TBC WoW.
Weekly Economic Update in World of Warcraft Hello! The WoW Economy Weekly Wrap-up is back for the 209th time!
My name is Samadan, and I’m a content maker that specializes in leveraging Professions and TSM to make money. On YouTube, I have a variety of guides.
The creation of the 9.2 PTR is well underway, with many of the key ideas and content currently in place, including the foundations of materials and professions. As asked by u/altDarthNihlus317, the Mage Tower event is now gone, and many gold producers will be wondering what to do next between now and 9.2…
What is the greatest thing to farm/do to be ready to sell stuff at the start of 9.2?
This is likely to be a slow moment for many people in WoW, which will have an effect on gold production. Now is a great moment to tie up loose ends, acquire missing things, and see what you can get in advance of the next spike.
There are still a lot of questions concerning the latest patch that haven’t been addressed. We have no idea how we’ll learn the new recipes/patterns, when we’ll get access to them, or even what materials we’ll need to make them. Because there is so little information regarding 9.2 from a profession/goldmaking/econony standpoint, I propose that folks stick with what they’re doing now and look to the last two big patches for inspiration.
- Crafters Mark gear will be very valuable to those who get it first.
- For those who are able to construct first, Rank 7 Legendaries will be very valuable.
- In the early days, new materials will be a big deal until costs stabilize.
- Consumables are in more demand as a result of the new raid.
It’s a wise use of your time right now to have your characters ‘Ready’ for the patch. Even on crafting alts, I’m striving to finish the Renown 80 and 9.1 campaigns.
I believe these forecasts for 9.2 and the primary components of gold production with professions are accurate. I’d also add that any of the specialized utility Optional Reagent recipes are worth pursuing, particularly if they offer out-of-the-way unlocks that others may overlook. We don’t know yet, and I believe that being prepared by unlocking everything on all crafting alts will be time well spent.
There is also preparation to be done in hoarding resources in order to manufacture legendaries or other goods that may need both existing and new content components. Prices are typically at their lowest right now, but I believe they will remain somewhat in demand as individuals farm less and those looking to stockpile will seize any opportunities.
Materials for legendary crafting, like as Korthrite Crystals, come to mind. Herbs in general and SL ore in particular.
If you still want to enter the legendary market in 9.2, now is the time to do it, even if it is a large investment with a high risk of losing a lot of gold.
If you wish to utilize different professions, leveling alts now is a smart idea, as is catching them up on the campaign (I’m not sure how this will work, but you had to finish a few of quests to get to Korthia). It’s not a terrible idea to prepare them a bit, however there will most likely be methods to grab some quick catch-up gear.
But it’s also a good opportunity to take a vacation, recharge your batteries, and return to 9.2 with a clear head.
If you’re thinking about getting into the Legendary market before 9.2 but haven’t yet, Manthieus has a video here that walks you through the expenses…
It’s true that 2 million gold is a lot, but keep in mind that this is simply to go through Rank 1 on everything. The recommendation here is that you concentrate on Jewelcrafting initially and then expand as you reclaim some of your gold. Depending on your server and competition, this might be a good plan. I’m in a same situation, and every now and then I sell a Rank 4 JC item here on Shadowsong, bringing me closer to the upper levels.
We have no idea when 9.2 will be released. Mr. GM predicts February 8th, which is a wonderful date to have since it’s just a month away. Some suggest later in March, but I’m sure we’ll find out sooner rather than later.
Now is an excellent opportunity to get your alts up to speed, acquire any missing recipes, stockpile resources, or just relax and refresh. Make sure anything you do is enjoyable and satisfying.
TBC Goldmaking Techniques
On the traditional side of things, gold production follows a totally different course than we are used to in retail. u/NOHITJEROME has compiled an excellent collection of TBC proposals…
I wanted to make a post showing some of my favorite Burning Crusade goldmaking methods. Black Temple is coming, as well as one of the two best arena seasons in the expansion. If you want to play TBC at a high level, you’ll need lots of gold for professions, enchants and supplies. Here are some of my favorite TBC Goldmaking Techniques:
- Mote farming is a gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold gold (or near to it) The mobs may be clustered together and destroyed, but they will respawn after about a minute. You may easily earn 300 gold every hour, and the Primal Shadows you get are excellent for Shadow Resistance equipment. Prices seem to be rising, therefore there’s a lot of money to be earned here. You may also fly over zones like Zangarmarsh and extract up to a few hundred gold worth of motes every hour.
- Dungeon farming and boosting are other excellent ways to get money. Many people are building alts now that Wrath of the Lich King is on the horizon and there are no more raiding requirements. Learning a boost like Slave Pens or one of the more unusual ones like Mana Tombs may be highly beneficial. Not to mention the dungeons from before 60, like as Scarlet Monastery and Stratholme. This is one of the ideal times to be a Mage or Paladin booster, but you can also boost with a teammate in most TBC dungeons by teaming up with a Warrior and Shaman.
- GDKPs (raids in which each drop is solid and the earnings are distributed to the raiders) are now one of the most popular methods to earn gold. With the current nerfs, raids are considerably more achievable, yet the bulk of the community still lacks the majority of Lady Vashj and Kael’Thas’ gear. GDKPs may easily earn you 1,000 to 2,000 gold every week, particularly if you can arrange one yourself and tank or top the meters.
- Auction house flips are still a fantastic method to generate money. Seller shuffles, such as purchasing out Runecloth / Netherweave cloth and changing it into bandages for the vendor, will always yield solid gold every day. There are still lots of Classic flips that work in TBC. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AYoDT8IzPX gLpSjlxRiQG-j-PKvfEWe3b1aNOpCtpY . Profession shuffles are still excellent, such as the Jaggal Pearl to Purified Jaggal Pearl flip, which is my personal favorite. Disenchanting flips are usually lucrative, and it’s worth mentioning that many players will be training their Enchanting for the next arena season, so prices should rise.
- Dailies are an excellent source of raw gold, with an optimum route yielding 70 gold in under 45 minutes. It’s recommended accomplishing some of the simple daily quests, notably the daily Battleground victory, since it will help you earn honor for PvP gear. A few months back, I provided an effective daily guide on this subreddit, and it’s still quite useful. Keep in mind that Netherwing dailies are on the way, and they will drastically alter the daily game. It will be simple to get 150+ gold each day in the Black Temple / Hyjal patch just by doing daily quests.
- Professions are fantastic gold in general. You can earn a lot of gold if you can conduct a lot of career flips that are based on convenience. Cloth cooldowns are still lucrative, and there’s plenty of wealth to be won in a variety of flips, such as engineering and blacksmithing materials, potions, and so on. Cross-checking the prices of Copper Ore and Bars, or the prices of Netherweave Cloth and Bolts, for example, is always a wonderful goldmaker. When it comes to teaching vocations, most people value convenience, so search for places where bulk things will be bought and position yourself squarely in the heart of those transactions. Don’t forget that fishing is a good (and peaceful) way to get money.
- Quests (remember to catch up on quests for free gold after you’ve reached level 70 on your alts)
- Because the Scrolls are precious, deploying the 110G Repair Bots might be beneficial depending on your server.
- Heroic dungeons provide a large number of Badges, which may be used to buy Primal Nethers in the BT / Hyjal Phase 3 patch. With vocations, these Nethers may be utilized to print a lot of gold.
- Enchanting is still a good way to gain money, but you’ll need a lot of different recipes and a lot of spare time.
- If you have the appropriate recipes, jewelcrafting may be lucrative. For JCs with lots of spare time in the past, there was plenty of arbitrage accessible, but your mileage may vary. With BT/Hyjal, there are several new and exciting mechanics, such as Brilliant Glass’s ability to finally pay out Epic Gems. This implies that even low-grade Green gemstones may be beneficial. When the fix is released, Brilliant Glass made today should still be able to pay away Epic gems.
- GBid runs, like GDKPs, are a cross between a regular pickup group (PUG) and an auction, with the difference that select large price goods are auctioned off. Proceeds from the run may go straight to you and the core group with whom you formed it.
- Arena boosting is a huge (but divisive) gold generator. Even if just a few individuals use it, there’s no doubting that gold arena boosting will be prevalent in Season 3.
- If you have Exalted reputation, the monthly free bag of gems from Consortium rep will contain an Epic gem in the following phase. Depending on your server and the gem you get, this should easily be 250-400 free gold every month.
- Right now, Scholomance for Dark Runes is good gold, but keep in mind that Dark Runes will only become more expensive in the next stages.
What is your preferred method of obtaining gold in TBC?
Jerome, thank you for sharing them. This exemplifies how dissimilar Retail and Classic have grown, despite the fact that both share a passion for vocations and delivering value to players. I’d definitely be playing both right now if I had the time!
I definitely suggest NicB’s series if you’re interested in flipping on the Auction House in TBC.
The majority of this material was initially debated and shared on the /r/woweconomy subreddit or the associated Discord server.
I hope you found this helpful, and do let me know if you have any recommendations or criticism in the comments section below.
Until next time, best of luck with your gold-mining endeavors!
Watch This Video-
- classic wow
- wow tbc release date
- world of warcraft classic