Overwatch patch 9.2 has brought new changes to the Shaman class, including a set of updated tier bonuses for their Kit Rework. These updates have changed some of the current strengths and weaknesses of this iconic hero into more powerful abilities with less downtime in between uses, which is sure to make all Shamans among us excited!
I wanted to come in and discuss about the impending modifications to the Resto Shaman set. In the upcoming PTR version, we’ll be trying out the following features.
- “Your critical healing improves the critical probability of your next Chain Heal by 2%, compounding up to 50 times,” says the new language.
- This covers both periodic and totem healing, so the healing from Healing Rain and Riptide ticks, as well as any other healing you’re performing, should add up rapidly.
- This is meant to make you want to cast Chain Heal every now and then, but not to make you feel like you have to spam it to receive value from it. It should feel more fluid and flowy than the prior two pieces.
- “Your Chain Heal critical hits reduce one of your totems’ remaining cooldown by 2 seconds.” When you drop your Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, Mana Tide Totem, and Spirit Link Totem, they now perform Chain Heal.”
- Any totem that is presently on cooldown is a viable option for the cooldown reduction effect. This allows you to carefully use your totems to control where the value from this goes. We’re curious whether this is a pleasant method to fine-tune your gaming or if it puts undue pressure on you to use your totems.
- The Chain Heal is presently thrown by you rather than the totem, however the visual will eventually come from the totem. This isn’t going to happen this week.