The latest 8.2 patch for World of Warcraft has been datamined and will go live in a few days. The hotfixes made it so that players cannot stay in the Secret Mythic Jailer phase indefinitely like they were able to before, nerfing one of the most popular raid bosses since WoW’s release way back in 2004.
The “the jailer wow” is a boss that was introduced in Patch 9.2. The “Secret Mythic Jailer Phase Nerfed?” is a datamined hotfix that has been released for the patch.
An intriguing spell mentioning the Jailer looks to have been nerfed in late-night hotfixes. Is this a clue to a 15570top-secret phase? We’re guessing on whether or not a hidden phase exists, and if so, what it may include!
Do you believe there is a hidden stage? Continue reading to find out what we believe, and let us know whether you think there will be a hidden phase in the comments section below.
What is the Mythic Jailer’s Secret Phase?
Blizzard released an unusual set of hotfixes last night, reducing the absorption of Diverted Life Shield by 66 percent and the heal by 25%. This spell mentions the Jailer and Azeroth, although it has yet to appear in the game.
Note: Wowhead’s tooltip displays the absorption as unscaled values, however following the hotfixes, the ingame tooltip now shows the absorb as 6.8 million.
- Apply Aura: Absorb Damage Value: 3286911251.8 Effect #2 Effect #1 Apply Aura: Absorb Damage Value: 3286911251.8
- Apply Aura: Absorb Damage (Effect #1) Difficulty: Mythic Value: 3286911251.8
The Jailer absorbs Azeroth’s energy, healing himself for 4% of his maximum health every 1 second for 8 seconds and creates a barrier that absorbs 3000011252 damage.
- Modifies Damage/Healing Done Value: 43 Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mod Total Health Regen percent Modifies Damage/Healing Done Value: 43
This isn’t the first time in the previous week that this spell has been tweaked. The shield part was nerfed by 9% on March 21st.
- Apply Aura as the first effect: Damage Absorption 3286930000 is the value of this item. Difficulty: Legendary
The Jailer absorbs Azeroth’s energy, restoring himself for 4% of his health every 1 second for 8 seconds while also producing a barrier that absorbs 3286930000 damage.
This spell was incorporated in the rush of hotfix tuning on March 15th, with a substantial amount of Mythic Jailer tweaking before guilds reached the encounter. Absorb has been reduced by 47.5 percent.
- Apply Aura: Absorb Damage Value: 62541.632869 Effect #2 Effect #1 Apply Aura: Absorb Damage Value: 62541.632869
- Apply Aura: Absorb Damage (Effect #1) 62541.632869 is the value. Difficulty: Legendary
Is there a Mythic Secret Phase?
Does this mean there is a Is there a Mythic Secret Phase? I’m personally leaning yes. The first set of tuning hotfixes for Diverted Life Shield was pushed alongside Mythic Jailer tuning, and the spell directly references the Jailer and Azeroth, but the spell doesn’t show up anywhere else in the game currently, including on Normal and Heroic Jailer. In addition, this spell was tuned again yesterday right as guilds are getting closer to the 0% on Mythic Jailer.
Following the hotfixes, the Diverted Life Shield spell will now heal the target by 24 percent and apply a 6.8 million absorb shield. If this buff is applied to the Jailer, it will heal him for 24 percent of his health (30.7 million) and then add a 6.8 million absorption shield for a total of 37.52 million.
What may happen in the last phase? We don’t know anything solid, however there are two unused Jailer spells that might represent new mechanics in this secret phase.
- Devastation – The Jailer destroys the world around him, killing everyone save himself.
- Death Sentence – When a player is marked for death, the Jailer inflicts 20 Shadow damage every 2 seconds, increasing in severity over 30 seconds until killing them. When the player is removed, black energy is released in the area, inflicting Death Sentence on everyone who is hit. Death Sentence is administered to all players if the energy fails to reach at least one player. Obtaining two applications of Death Sentence immediately kills players.
Is it a death sentence?
The Death Sentence is the most intriguing since it seems to be a basic mechanic: a rising DoT that spreads exponentially over the raid, representing a harsh enragement to what may be the boss’s last stand. This ability did not appear in the dungeon diary at any point, but it was introduced and updated on the PTR at the same time when other Jailer encounter spells were being iterated on. However, it’s possible that this is merely an ancient spell that was added and then forgotten about before anything occurred.
This DoT will rapidly grow over the whole raid if this spell is genuine. If the debuff affects just one person, it must be removed within 30 seconds or the player will die. When the debuff is removed, two players must catch and absorb it in order to reclaim it. These two players must be dispelled after 30 seconds, then four more persons must absorb the debuff, and so forth. Using a rough chronology of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, this seems to result in a 2 minute and 30 second soft-enrage.
Is it possible for a 20-man Mythic raid to eliminate 37.52 million HP in less than 2.5 minutes? That seems to be the case, particularly if the Boon of Azeroth boon is active.
Nothing has been verified, but it’s fascinating to fantasize about a Mythic Jailer hidden phase.
If this is a hint of a Mythic hidden phase, that’s fantastic, and we’ll have to wait and see what mechanisms are involved. Why is Blizzard tweaking this and where does this spell appear if this isn’t a shield for a Mythic hidden phase?
Make sure to watch the Race to World First streams as Echo and Liquid are currently sub 25% on the encounter. Do you think there’s a Is there a Mythic Secret Phase? Let us know in the comments below.