Blizzard has clarified that the season four raid will drop Creation Catalyst and No Shards of Domination, but it will be impossible to upgrade these items into a full shard.
I’m just stopping by to address a few frequent questions I’ve seen, then I’ll go back to combing. I’d want to keep my comments to the Raid prizes as detailed as possible in this post: What’s the deal with Tier Sets?
- In Season 4, your 9.2 Tier Sets will still be active, and the Creation Catalyst will still be active with all of its charges. Tier Tokens will not be introduced to Castle Nathria and Sanctum of Domination, since you will be able to upgrade any item you get to a higher ilvl piece of Tier, just like you can today on live.
Sockets of Domination
- For Season 4, the Shards and Domination benefits will be completely eliminated. We didn’t want to put further strain on Fated Sanctum’s tuning by requiring it, and there was enough of a class/armor differential between which specs/classes could theoretically wear a 3-set Domination Bonus and their 4-piece versus others that it would create an odd imbalance on certain weeks. We’ve also received criticism from players who believe it would be unjust to put players who don’t have Domination Gear at a disadvantage.
- The difficulty level for Looking for Raid will be Season 4/Fated, and all wings will be accessible from the start. This means that if Castle Nathria is the Fated raid on rotation when the rotation starts, all LFR Nathria will be replaced with Fated LFR Nathria at higher item levels. LFR also counts for quest completion, thus players who don’t finish a raid for the week may grab any remaining bosses from there.
In addition, the World Boss associated with the current Fated raid will be scaled up – more challenging and dropping ilvl 285 Fated gear. Why are just weapons and trinkets available?
- As others have stated in this thread, neither of these systems is intended to replace the primary method by which players obtain gear – having all of an expansion’s raids be at current item level is something completely new to WoW, and will result in both a lot of powerful item combinations and a lot of frustration at not receiving them. We intended the Vendors to be focused on the items of loot that have the biggest influence on a player, in order to elicit a strong negative response when scenarios like the one described in the article happen. Many players believe that they won’t be able to play Rogue in 9.1/9.2 unless they can gain an Edge of Night. Players seldom believe they are unable to participate due of their physical limitations.
Vault integration that rocks?
- One popular notion is that the Great Vault tokens may include some of them. While we have no plans to increase the number of Dinars a player can earn during the season, offering some of the heroic or mythic upgrade shards in some form is a possibility. However, we’d want to make sure that you can only buy Heroic or Mythic upgrade shards if you’re raiding on those difficulties. It’s not a certainty, but it’s also not impossible.
Oh, I forgot one -Heroic & Mythic Upgrade shards
- These do not upgrade in a straight line. This means that if you have a Heroic upgrade item, you may upgrade an LFR or Normal item to Heroic. Similarly, you may target LFR, Normal, or Heroic with a Mythic Upgrade Item, and it will change into Mythic. They don’t have to be done in order, thus main Mythic raiders may skip Heroic if they like.