Mythic is taking steps to make the game more accessible for new players. The changes are expected to go live on September 21st, and will be accompanied by a series of nerfs to the most popular heroes in the game.
The sylvanas hotfix is a nerf that will be applied on September 21, 2018. It will reduce the damage of Sylvanas’s Withering Fire and Kel’Thuzad’s Shadow Fissure abilities by 50%.
20 September 2021
- The world’s 9.1 accomplishments Breaking the Chains and On the Offensive are now correctly account-wide. Breaking the Chains should give you the Hand of Salaranga mount if you finish it.
Raids and Dungeons
- Domination’s Sanctum
Raznal, the Painsmith
During Stage Two on Mythic difficulty, the space between floor spike gaps was reduced.
Note from the developers: With this update, the distance between safe places should now be more constant.
On Mythic difficulty, Shadowsteel Chains’ periodic damage is decreased by 15%.
Roh-Kalo, the Fatescribe
- On Normal and Heroic difficulties, the rune placements have been updated to be more consistent with clockwise rotations and somewhat less challenging with counterclockwise rotations.
- On Raid Finder difficulty, players now get an extra 10 seconds, 10 seconds on Normal difficulty, and 5 seconds on Heroic level to realign their destiny.
- On Mythic difficulty, Kel’Thuzad’s health is decreased by 5%.
- On Mythic difficulty, the health of Kel’Thuzad’s relics is decreased by 20%.
- On Mythic difficulty, the health of the Unstoppable Abomination is decreased by 20%.
- On Mythic difficulty, Soul Reaver health is decreased by 20%.
- On Mythic level, Frozen Destruction’s initial damage is decreased by 40%.
- On Mythic difficulty, Frozen Destruction’s damage over time effect was decreased by 10%, and the duration was reduced to 8 seconds (from 10 seconds).
- Kel’Thuzad would cast abilities during Howling Blizzard on Mythic difficulty, which was fixed.
- Howling On Mythic difficulty, Blizzard now does cumulative damage throughout the length of the channel.
Note from the developers: As we saw the community’s preferred approach to defeating Kel’Thuzad on Mythic difficulty settle on a preferred approach that involved long stretches of time stalling while waiting for cooldowns to reappear, we began looking into ways to change the encounter so that this was no longer necessary. From the start, players were obvious that this was irritating and boring gameplay, or a lack thereof. However, we wanted to avoid making the encounter more challenging or adding additional problems that would require guilds to re-learn the encounter. We tested a few different approaches internally, including simply skipping the waiting period by resetting cooldowns like we would at the start of an encounter (a portion of which was recently seen on the 9.1.5 Public Test Realm), but testing revealed that this benefited some specs far more than others, causing concern that groups arriving at the encounter now would feel pressured to stack those specs. The modifications we’ve decided on make it hard to delay forever while also lowering the difficulty of crucial parts of the encounter to the point where it no longer seems necessary.
- On Mythic difficulty, Domination Arrows’ health is decreased by 15%.
- On Mythic difficulty, the health of Dark Sentinels is decreased by 15%.
- On Mythic level, the basic duration of Curse of Lethargy has been decreased to 4 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- On Mythic difficulty, the damage from Decrepit Orb Detonation is decreased by 10%.
- On Mythic difficulty, the Veil of Darkness radius is decreased to 12 yards during Stage Two (was 15 yards).
- On Mythic level, Banshee’s Fury’s unavoidable damage is decreased by 15%.
- On Mythic level, Ranger’s Heartseeker, Banshee’s Heartseeker, and Banshee’s Blades damage is decreased by 8%.
- Fixed an issue that may allow Ruin to fail to deal damage inadvertently.
The Wake of the Necrotic
The mythic sylvanas changes is a nerf that will be coming on September 21. This includes the Mythic Painsmith, Kel’Thuzad, and Sylvanas Nerfs.
- painsmith nerfed
- sylvanas mythic health
- 9.1 kel thuzad
- mythic sylvanas kills
- echo mythic sylvanas kill